Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
In your 20's:
2. Play up your lips. Sandy advises to go with the dark lipstick and super shiny glosses now, because when you get older, lips lose volume, and a deeper tone can be aging.
3. Don't skip foundation. "Even beautiful skin can benefit from it," Sandy say. "It's corrective."
Monday, March 29, 2010
Frizz. Exactly what is it? Frizz is breakage that occurs in wavy or curly hair. And the frizzies can occur through sloppy styling.....like brushing through hair when wet. And razor cuts can also develop frizz after a while. Perms and harsh color processing can also result in a head full of frizzies. We are all prone to some sort of frizz. But remember, being gentle with hair styling and a good trim every 4-6 weeks helps a lot. Also rinse hair after shampooing in cool water to smooth cuticles.
Meantime, there are so many super products out there to help control or tone down the frizz. We've all known about the power in John Frieda's Frizz-Ease products that have been around for ages. These are extremely popular because they work. And now, we are happy the label has added 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners in their frizz fighting arsenal:
2. Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner.
3. Smooth Start Hydrating Shampoo. (The Hydration duo treats hair that is frizzy and dying for moisture).
4. Smooth Start Hydrating Conditioner.
The new John Frieda Smooth Start line has special ingredients like silk protein and lipids that help lock in moisture. These shampoos and conditioners create healthy hair by filling in the cuticles to boost body and shine.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
We like Cindy Crawford, because she is an intelligent woman who gets it. She never took herself too seriously during her days before the camera and the catwalk. So, today, we have more smart and sensible beauty tips by Cindy, tips she gave to the April issue of InStyle magazine.
For her daytime look, Cindy keeps it simple and sleek. A great pair of jeans 'that make your butt look good,' a little foundation, mascara, brown eye shadow, nude lipstick, and some jewelry, and she's good to go.
1. Brown eye shadow. Cindy Crawford says that brown is your best friend. "It's less harsh than black, it goes with everything, and it's impossible to mess up. For day, I do variations of brown shadow, either matte or shimmer."
2. Nude lips. Yes, the look is very polished when you can nail the right tone. "A neutral mouth looks really sophisticated, but you have to pick your color carefully so you don't look washed out. I like beigy pinks that are one shade darker than my natural skin tone. I almost always wear gloss, and save lipstick for special occasions."
3. Jewelry. It's the perfect finishing touch, according to Cindy. "Jewelry, like mascara or lipstick, completes your look." Cindy has her own jewelry line called One Kiss, and her pieces are meant to be worn every day like makeup. One Kiss debuts at JC Penney at the end of April.
4. Take care of your skin. Cindy advises SPF protection during the day and a good night cream when you retire for the evening.
5. Exfoliate at least once a month. Cindy is a strong believer in microdermabrasion facials every month and continues the exfoliating at home. "I use a gentle scrub or buff puff to clean my makeup out of the nooks and crannies so my pores don't get clogged.
6. Ballet Flats. Stylish and comfortable, and these classic shoes go with everything, Cindy says.
To see Cindy Crawford's 60-seconds of style video, click here.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Only one little thing.....you cannot buy Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion Mascara in drugstores until April. Okay, it's just around the corner, but---you can get it online pre-sale at a few places right now. What's so amazing about the LashBlast Fusion Mascara?! It almost stretch-essssssss your lashes as you build layer upon layer with Cover Girl's unique fiber-strength lengthening formula. Nope...we don't know how they create the ingredients, but the stuff works. And if you've been lash-challenged, and all you've got to work with are skimpy lashes, then try this tube. You can create instant length and volume.
By the way, the new Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion Mascara will retail for $8.99 and come in 4 shades: Very Black, Black, Black Brown, and Brown.
To get some long, thick and sexy lashes with FREE shipping,, click here.
Friday, March 26, 2010
"The smallest number of steps we took in a day was 11,000. We never caught a cab."
Meantime, it's back to the daily running sessions for Valerie. And just a few weeks before the Boston Marathon:
Great story. Great woman. We wish Valerie Bertinelli all the best.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Dying or dye-ing to try this new and gentle no ammonia, 10 minute hair color by L'Oreal! Ever since we saw beautiful 'Lost' actress Evangeline Lilly doing television ads for L'Oreal, we got hooked on her shade: Iced Chocolate.
So deeply hydrating, it counters dullness and helps prevent damage. Even suitable for heat-damaged hair.
Conditioning treatment with royal jelly, nature's superfood concentrate with the most essential nutrients. Seals in glossy shine.
Glossy, healthy-looking shine, full of shimmering tones. Softly blends away grays. No obvious roots. 10 little minutes.
If you hesitate between two shades, choose the lighter one.
For the best gray coverage, choose shades with neutral tones.
Evangeline Lilly has gorgeous hair , and everyone's going bananas over her shade: Iced Chocolate (cool chestnut brown) or 4AR. Her color looks as yummy as a chocolate bar! And you can pick up a box at your local drugstore for just $9.99.