Cindy Crawford. Most people know her from her supermodel days. But she is also a busy mother of two, and a woman in her 40s, keeping her beauty look together.
We like Cindy Crawford, because she is an intelligent woman who gets it. She never took herself too seriously during her days before the camera and the catwalk. So, today, we have more smart and sensible beauty tips by Cindy, tips she gave to the April issue of InStyle magazine.
For her daytime look, Cindy keeps it simple and sleek. A great pair of jeans 'that make your butt look good,' a little foundation, mascara, brown eye shadow, nude lipstick, and some jewelry, and she's good to go.
1. Brown eye shadow. Cindy Crawford says that brown is your best friend. "It's less harsh than black, it goes with everything, and it's impossible to mess up. For day, I do variations of brown shadow, either matte or shimmer."
2. Nude lips. Yes, the look is very polished when you can nail the right tone. "A neutral mouth looks really sophisticated, but you have to pick your color carefully so you don't look washed out. I like beigy pinks that are one shade darker than my natural skin tone. I almost always wear gloss, and save lipstick for special occasions."
3. Jewelry. It's the perfect finishing touch, according to Cindy. "Jewelry, like mascara or lipstick, completes your look." Cindy has her own jewelry line called One Kiss, and her pieces are meant to be worn every day like makeup. One Kiss debuts at JC Penney at the end of April.
4. Take care of your skin. Cindy advises SPF protection during the day and a good night cream when you retire for the evening.
5. Exfoliate at least once a month. Cindy is a strong believer in microdermabrasion facials every month and continues the exfoliating at home. "I use a gentle scrub or buff puff to clean my makeup out of the nooks and crannies so my pores don't get clogged.
6. Ballet Flats. Stylish and comfortable, and these classic shoes go with everything, Cindy says.
To see Cindy Crawford's 60-seconds of style video, click here.