Monday, March 19, 2012
Celebs Are Into Big Blunt Bangs Trend: Good Or Bad?
We're talking about bangs, of course. It's a look that never really goes out of style, but there are bangs trends, and it appears that we are headed in that direction once again.
Elle magazine is calling blunt bangs, "spring's hottest accessory for long hairstyles."
We've been a blunt bangs lover for years. We recently went to a new salon for a new set of blunt beauties and came back with a big disappointment.
Instead of simple, curved bangs, we ended up with razored, edgy bangs. Yuck! In our defense, we never saw the razor coming.
Our humble advice....Please be blunt about the bangs you want.
Quite a few celebrities have jumped on the blunt bangs bandwagon, including Jessica Biel, Rose Byrne, and Rooney Mara. Check out the photos.
As you can plainly see, no set of blunt bangs is the same. Rose Byrne is sporting a sleek side part with very full bangs. Newly engaged Jessica Biel is showing off thick fringe that curve around those killer cheekbones of hers. And Rooney Mara appears like a modern day Audrey Hepburn with her super short, dark edgy bangs.
The pros of wearing bangs:
1. You look younger.
2. Your eyes look larger.
3. You can cover up forehead wrinkles.
4. Your brows even appear fuller against the fringe.
5. You can increase or decrease the width/length of your face, depending on the shape of your bangs.
The cons of wearing bangs:
1. The maintenance---Bangs start growing out very quickly, within 2-3 weeks.
2. Back and forth trips to the stylist to keep the perfect length.
3. Trying to cut bangs yourself....not always as easy as it looks.
Will you try the big blunt bangs trend this Spring? Is it good or bad?