Celebrity Stylist Ted Gibson. He sure knows a lot of famous and beautiful heads of hair. Women like Angelina Jolie. Anne Hathaway. Debra Messing. Eva Mendes. And of course, the heads of many models.
Ted Gibson is Manhattan style...east coast chic.
And we just stumbled onto some simple, smart Hair Tips 101 by Ted Gibson for Teen Vogue. We thought we would share them with you:
1. Don't shampoo more than 3 times a week. Washing too much strips your hair of natural oils.
2. Overnight treatments replenish your mane while you sleep. Apply product to roots, work it through to the ends, and rinse in the morning.
3. If you want to grow your hair, try taking a supplement called Biotin. I've told a lot of actresses to use this B Vitamin.
And these are Ted Gibson's Must-Have beautiful hair products:
1. Icera Ceramic barrel with boar and ionic nylon bristles ($22, at Spornette-Icera. Ted says this brush "promotes shiny hair."
2. Ted Gibson's own product line, especially, his Goodnite Serum ($99) with essential oils and botanical extracts. Ted says his Goodnite Serum is "replenishing and volumizing."
3. Ted Gibson Hair Sheet ($14.99). This one intrigues us. It's a 'revolutionary towlette application and formula' that makes hair soft and shiny. And Ted says his hair sheet "adds texture but isn't heavy."
4. Regular Steel Wire Hair Pins. The old-fashioned kind you can pick up at any local drugstore. Ted adores these pins to "keep your hair up all night".
5. Ted Gibson's own Professional Flat Iron ($175). A wonderful accessory to create smooth hair. And as Ted reminds us all: "Always apply a heat styling product before flat-ironing, to avoid damage."
You can take a look at Ted Gibson's amazing hair products and accessories line here.