Sunday, January 23, 2011
BeautyTipToday's Favorite Bizarre Beauty Remedies That Really Work
When it comes to skin, makeup, hair, and all-around beauty, women will spend big bucks to be pretty. But sometimes, these beauty products fall short when it comes to results like---clear skin, weight loss, long lashes, healthy bodies,, etc.
Here are some of BeautyTipToday's Favorite Bizarre Beauty Remedies That Really Work"
1. Stop acne, when nothing else seems to zap your zits?! Try dabbing on a little Milk of Magnesia, as a topical acne treatment.
"A letter in the Archives of Dermatology (January 1975) suggested that topical application of milk of magnesia nightly could help reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne. Other readers also have shared their success with this remedy."
2. Lose weight the healthy way with the Morning Banana Diet. It began in Japan, and soon everyone seemed to be on the plan.
"The Morning Banana Diet consists of one or more bananas with room-temperature water for breakfast; an optional snack at 3 p.m.; and anything you want for lunch and dinner. The catch: You can't eat desserts after meals, dinner has to be consumed by 8 p.m. , and you have to go to bed by midnight."
Bananas are rich in potassium and a yummy 100 Calorie treat. Packed with fiber, iron, and protein, Vitamins B6 and C, bananas also stop your craving for sugar. And the fruit is high in minerals that reduce cholesterol.
3. Wash out brassy over-processed hair with this childhood fave:
All you need is one packet of Grape Kool-Aid Powder:
1. Wash hair with a mixture of the Grape Kool-Aid powder (just a pinch) and 4 Tablespoons of your regular shampoo. Rinse. Style as you always do
2. The purple blue cancels out the brassy gold orange over-processed shades because it is on the opposite side of the color spectrum.
4. Plump up lips the natural way, with a $5 bottle of peppermint or cinnamon leaf oil.
Dermatologist David Bank of Mount Kisco, NY, advises women to "dab your pout with peppermint oil" for a natural way to plump lips.
But we would like to exercise some caution here. First, make sure you are not allergic to peppermint or cinnamon to begin with. And secondly, a tiny amount goes a long-ggggg way.
And be prepared for the burn!! We advise you to add the peppermint oil or cinnamon leaf oil to your favorite lip gloss or lip balm. Do not add the oil directly to your naked lips, or you will feel the pain.
5. Keep breasts healthy with the mushroom connection. Strange but true:
Eating just one white button mushroom daily, can lower your risk of developing breast tumors by a huge 64%. That's according to a new study in the International Journal of Cancer.