And we've all heard about this one before.
A lot of hair professionals claim that it's BIOTIN to the rescue!
And Mr. Papanikolas agrees: "Gorgeous hair color starts from the inside. Supplementing your diet with biotin keeps hair healthy + shiny," he says to Star magazine.
So, what's the scary deal about biotin?
Biotin is actually a water-soluble B-vitamin. And research shows that this supplement can make hair grow faster and healthier---the same for nails, too. But there are a few precautions to consider:
1. First---pregnant women + children should not take biotin unless prescribed by a doctor.
2. Biotin can cause acne or break-outs.
3. Some users of biotin can also experience cramping, nausea + diarrhea.
4. If allergic to this supplement, you can develop an itchy rash, tightening of the chest, or swelling of the face + throat.
5. If you are trying to get pregant, biotin can cause miscarriage.
A deficiency in biotin is very rare. The MayoClinic.com states that there is NO established recommended dietary allowance. However---30-100mcg for adults
There are 1,000 micrograms in every milligram (mg), so 5,000 mgs. of biotin is too high a dose.
Post a Comment