You will need a box of baking soda for one of the Queen's favorite tips:
1. A cheap radiance booster. "Mix baking soda with water and use it on your face as an exfoliater. My grandmother gave me that tip," she says.
Queen Latifah is right. Baking soda is super at sloughing off dead skin cells and taming blackheads. Just make a gooey paste of it and apply to face in circular motion, and rinse off. Protects against pimples. Baking soda can leave your face red and burning, so go easy!
2. No more crease-y eyelids! "I dip my brush in a little water before I apply shadow. It lasts longer," Queen Latifah says.
Another good tip. We also do this little water trick to stop the oiliness from settling into our eye shadow during a long day, when makeup re-touching is not an option.
3. Her go-to hair stuff. "I'm a Pantene girl. I use the products that make hair color last longer."
Who doesn't love Pantene Hair products? There's a Pantene for every woman's head of hair. And the Pantene people are pros when it comes to color-treated locks.
4. For super-soft skin. "Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer. I don't like heavy stuff on my face; it's nice and light."
This is a great choice for combination skin. Non-clogging with lactic acid as the key ingredient, which is of course, an Alpha Hydroxy Acid.
5. Always in her purse. "Rosebud salve. It's a good lip moisturizer."
Cool beauty tips and inexpensive items you can find at your local drug/and or beauty stores.