We are in the dog days of summer, and honestly, our precious feet take a beating. From callouses to blisters to un-pretty pedicures.....our feet tell the real story.
As we sit here with bright red, and chipping nail polish on our bare feet, we want to hide them under the rug.
But we found a few excellent and perfect pedicure beauty tips:
And this is one of our favs.
1. To get rid of a stubborn, yellow stain on your toes after wearing a dark nail shade, try scrubbing your toenails with a Tablespoon of Clorox diluted in a cup of water. Then rinse off and buff. (try for fingernails, too)
2. Smooth cuticles and dry feet with olive oil. It works beautifully to soften everything up. You can soak feet in some olive oil for a few minutes. Or you can even make a nice exfoliating paste.
We got this pedicure recipe from: http://bistrochic.net/beauty/olive-oil-pedicure/
1/4 c sugar
2-3 tsps. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla.
Mix into paste. Rub all over feet and keep on for a few minutes. Then rinse off in shower.
3. Remember: Going for a dark, sultry nail shade? Then be prepared for a long-gggger drying time. According to the experts, dark shades take almost twice as long to dry as light ones.
4. The tips of your toenails and fingernails are the first to peel, so you want to make that part the strongest. Add an extra little swipe of color and top coat across the tips of each nail.
5. It's summer, so get crazy with the colors. We like these brands: Nars. OPI. Dior.