Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Would You Do The Nicole Richie Retro Ponytail Do?
Everyone's still talking about Nicole Richie's retro ponytail do from Sunday's Golden Globes Awards Show.
You couldn't miss it. As petite and waif-like in stature the celebrity is, her long blonde hair stood out-----cascading downward like a waterfall.
We loved her beauty style even more than her sleek, sparkly beaded silver gown. Nicole emphasized her big, beautiful eyes with bold liner and settled for a beige-y pink muted lip color.
And if anyone can carry off a sultry 60's vibe, it's Nicole. She reminds us a lot of the late actress, Sharon Tate, a blonde, petite beauty with big, doe eyes like Nicole Richie.
So would you 'do' the Nicole Richie retro ponytail do?
Many women would say, yes, but then again, how the heck do you do this do?!
We have the answer from the Suave Professionals. Stylist Jenny Cho has the hair details, courtesy of nrichienews.com:
1. Sleek, smooth styles are all the rage. Nicole Richie worked it, thanks to the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion System. Copycat it quickly: Spray Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo directly at the root, crown and front of hair. Use your dryer to work in excess powder, and brush through to refresh hair before styling.
2. Pull-up and section-off hair around crown, then tease to create volume; set aside.
3. Use a brush to smooth-out the hair on the sides and back. Pull the back section of hair into a ponytail, securing it with an elastic.
4. Take a side section and wrap around the ponytail, securing with a bobby pin. Take the opposite side and also wrap around the pony, securing with a bobby pin. Lastly, take the teased crown section and lightly smooth and brush back over the ponytail.
5. Work a dime-size amount of Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum into the palms of your hands, then delicately smooth ponytail strands and eliminate flyaways.
By the way, Nicole Richie has been named, the new face of Suave Beauty.